Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Voice that Sweetens the Air

     I am grateful for the love and prayers I've received throughout this journey of self-discovery. So many people have been kind and given me words of encouragement as I uncover my adoption story. Family and friends alike have touched my life in so many ways and I will cherish these gifts for the rest of my life. They are precious and sacred.
     One of these wonderful gifts is posted below. After reconnecting with my late birth mother's brother, Uncle Jerry, he put me in touch with her step-sons via Facebook. Rosie married their father John in November 1974 and they both looked to her as their "mom." Her oldest, Joe, tells me she was a great mother and grandmother to his children. Of this, I have little doubt. From this amazing video he put together for me, I can tell she was a sweet spirit full of love. I wish I could have met her. 
     Even though I knew this video was coming I wasn't prepared for its emotional impact. I'm sure buried somewhere deep in my psyche is an sound imprint of her but until today I had never heard Rosie speak. It truly is a voice that sweetens the air. I received the link this morning and I'm completely overwhelmed. I've been given permission to share this and I hope you enjoy this very personal family video. Thank you, Joe.