Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Letter from the Past Cont.



Here is a copy of the letter my birth mother wrote on 9/11/1969, seven days after my birth. I certainly am conflicted at times and especially tonight. I love my mom very much and am thankful for everything she's done and continues to do for me, but I am terribly sad for my birth mother, Rosie. Though I've known it was not a easy decision for her at the time, reading her words today make me realize how much turmoil she was experiencing and how painful giving me up truly was for her. I have no doubt if things had been different for Rosie, she would've provided me a good home and would've been a caring mother. I've said it before, but I'm thankful, no matter how hard it may have been, I was given up for adoption and placed with the family I was. I've been blessed to have not one, but two selfless mothers looking out for me during my life. And just as my mom does today, I'm sure Rosie is still looking out for me from above.